If you have the heart to help foster children in Arkansas, we have several ways you can pick from when deciding how to jump in and begin making a difference!
Help a child participate in extracurricular activities.
Due to financial restraints, many foster children do not have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities. Yet we know from countless studies and by watching our own children’s experience that many of life’s best lessons come from participating in these types of activities. Becky’s Kids want to help provide the financial means to give our foster children the same opportunity to grow and learn through sports, dance, piano, karate or whatever the child’s interest might be. Working with the Department of Human Services, we have identified the activity that each foster child wants to explore, and with your help, we can help these foster children not only dream of being football players, ballerinas, artists, and black belts but actually be one!
How Does the program work
- Working with the Department of Human Services, foster parents, and the foster child, we have identified the activity they want to be involved in.
- We have established a yearly schedule outlining different areas where the child needs financial assistance. For example, a little boy wanting to play football may have the following financial needs:
- June – Help pay for football summer camp
- August – Help pay for new football cleats
- September -Help pay for team pictures (many foster children are never able to purchase their school pictures).
Another example, a little girl wanting to take dance lessons may have the following financial needs:
- August-Purchase leotard and dancing shoes
- September – Pay for dance lessons
- October – pay dance recital fees
- November – Purchase dance team pictures.
How Can I Jump In?
- Make a monthly or annual donation that can help Becky’s Kids provide the various needs associated with each extracurricular activity. It is also our desire to send out quarterly notifications informing our donors of the different things their individual donation were used for.
- Encourage your workplace, organizations you are affiliated with or church or Sunday school class to take up a monthly or quarterly donation to help assist in our efforts to offer each foster child the opportunity to excel in an extracurricular activity.
- If you are associated with a company or organization that can donate items such as sporting equipment, dancing uniforms, horseback riding lessons, karate lessons, music lessons — anything that can help us alleviate the financial burden from these kids, please let us know.